2018-03-22 - Kernels, Curl, Chromium [Stable Update x32]

Frische News und Updates zu Manjaro Linux finden sich zeitnah hier ein!
Antworten

Themen Author
Blueriver
CPU: AMD Quad Core A8 3,6GHz
GPU: AMD/ATI Radeon R7
Kernel: 6.1
Desktop-Variante: XFCE und KDE Stable, Testing, Unstable
GPU Treiber: Free
Danksagung erhalten: 149 Mal

2018-03-22 - Kernels, Curl, Chromium [Stable Update x32]

Beitrag von Blueriver »

Hello i686ers!

This is a small update set to bring over the curl security update as well as new kernel versions. There’s not much else of note beyond a few package version bumps (mainly Haskell modules).

Oh - Phil also spun and uploaded a new 32-bit installer image! Yay! (Link coming soon)

Anyone who would like to help out testing the upstream packages, please read the archlinux32 thread for details about how they automate their testing process and how to get involved:

https://bbs.archlinux32.org/viewtopic.php?id=171

(running this in an archlinux32 VM would be fine)

Available kernels

Series Version

linux316 3.16.56
linux41 4.1.49
linux44 4.4.122
linux49 4.9.88
linux414 4.14.29

archlinux32

If you find manjaro32 useful please consider donating to, or helping out with, archlinux32. It’s a small team taking on a huge project and any help will no doubt be very much appreciated.

Why aren’t the available packages/package versions the same as x86_64?

archlinux32 packages are based on Arch packages but may need editing to build correctly. Builds of less-popular packages are lower priority.

Manjaro-specific packages may lag behind x86_64 because there aren’t as many packagers. If you notice an important package is lagging please report it; at the moment it’s only me packaging for i686:

[manjaro32] Out-of-date Manjaro package report
Manjaro Development
Using manjaro32 and spotted an out-of-date Manjaro package? First, check the Manjaro GitHub sources for core, extra, and community. If it’s in the GitHub sources, it’s a Manjaro package. Alternatively, check the Arch package list to see whether the package is one likely to be built by archlinux32. If it’s a Manjaro package, and it’s out-of-date, report here.

I’m only packaging current LTS kernels. Any marked as EOL are dropped. I’ll not be building the mainline kernel.

What about security updates?

I cannot guarantee timely security updates on x32-stable. If this is critical for you I recommend you switch to x32-testing or cherry-pick those packages from x32-testing or x32-unstable as they become available.

Something broke. Isn’t this meant to be stable?

“Stable” means “infrequently changing”, not “everything will work perfectly all the time”. If you want it to mean everything works, you need to help test the things you’re interested in.

What about installer images?

Phil very kindly spun some preview installer images:

17.1.1-rc1-testing Xfce 32-bit installer image
Manjaro Development
@philm decided it was high time that manjaro32 had some installer images so has been busy spinning Xfce, GNOME and KDE images. At this point, only Xfce works well enough to be considered for release, but that’s fine - Xfce is the most appropriate DE for any older machine. To get some wider testing before making this "fully " available, the image can be downloaded from: https://sourceforge.net/projects/manjar ... -rc2/xfce/ Be aware, 17.1.1-rc2 is built against t…
There will be a new release as soon as I refresh myself on how to do it. :slight_smile:

What about x32-testing and x32-unstable?

These are already available, and I recommend you use x32-testing if you can to make sure testing is done.

x32-unstable should be used by anyone who wants to try and find any issues before they impact other people. If you have multiple/many machines you really should run one of those on x32-unstable.
Quelle
Manjaro LXQT und XFCE Stable, Testing, Unstable
CPU: AMD Quad Core A8 3,6GHz
Graka: AMD/ATI Radeon R7
Treiber: Free
Kernel: 4.20
Antworten